So here’s the thing, most people either don’t clean their shoes at all and let it die a slow miserable death or they don’t clean their shoes properly. So i’ve teamed up with a shoe shine expert to help you and I do things the right way.
So I’ve asked to help of Harry Sima, a shoe shine expert at Nordstrom Vancouver to give us some pointers on how to do a proper shoe shine. By the way he has his own youtube channel called The Shoe Show so show him some love.
Anyways, without getting any sidetracked, here are the steps!
1) Wipe down the shoe with saddle soap, using a gritty cloth
2) Apply cream to condition the leather
- Don’t be afraid to use a lot
- Spread evenly by hand, cloth, or dauber
- The leather will only take in what it needs
- Brush off the cream with a horse hair brush
3) Apply polish and let the layer sit
- Ideally, the polish should sit for about five minutes
- let it sink in
4) Apply sole dressing
- Don’t get it on the upper
- Go slow
5) Work in the wax with cloth or brush
- The key is to use little dabs of polish and rub in small circular motions
- Use small amounts of water when cloth is dry
6) Buff out the shoe
- Makes them POP!
So here’s the end result!
Basically good as new!
Here are some pro tips on why you should get your shoes shined!
- It prevents leather from drying and cracking
- Extends the life of shoes exponentially
- It looks good and feels good
So if you guys liked this article and would like some more posts like this, please leave comments and share it with your friends and i’ll make some more!